Providing topic driven meetings about subjects important to men who have lost their spouse to cancer.
The Men’s Group provides a safe place for widowed men who are looking for support, healing or a chance to talk with other men who have experienced the loss of a spouse to cancer. Monthly meetings will offer a guest speaker or relevant topic, with an optional activity (movie, bowling, etc.) to follow. Participants may choose to share or just listen in an environment of mutual respect and confidentiality.
Professional Facilitators: David Farley, Aaron Beaudry & Thad Early
Monthly meetings take place from 7-8:30 p.m., Tuesday evenings at the ABOH office in Wayzata.
2017 Meeting Dates and Topics:
- January 17: Personal effectiveness
- February 21: Behaviors that stimulate our brains – Click here to view the February flyer.
- March 21
- April 18
- May 16
- January: Welcome
- February: Manly Grief
- March: The Tasks of Grief
- April: The Needs of Men in the Face of Grief
- May: Grief vs Depression
- June: Grief as a Surprise
- (July & August: Summer break – no meetings)
- September: Why am I so Tired?/Understanding Grief Triggers
- October: De-emphasizing
- November: Where you are on your Journey
- December: Gratitude