Providing topic driven meetings about subjects important to men who have lost their significant other to cancer.
The Men’s Group provides a safe place for widowed men who are looking for support, healing or a chance to talk with other men who have experienced the loss of a significant other to cancer. Monthly meetings are professionally facilitated around a relevant topic. Participants may choose to share or just listen in an environment of mutual respect and confidentiality.
Professional Facilitator: Mark Scannell
Monthly meetings take place on the third Tuesday of every month from 7-8:30 p.m., at the ABOH office in Wayzata. Please RSVP for location details.
2017 Meeting Dates and Topics:
- January 17: Personal effectiveness
- February 21: Behaviors that stimulate our brains – Click here to view the February flyer.
- March 21
- April 18
- May 16
- June 20
- July 18
- August 8
- September 19
- October 17
- November 21
- December 19
- January: Welcome
- February: Manly Grief
- March: The Tasks of Grief
- April: The Needs of Men in the Face of Grief
- May: Grief vs Depression
- June: Grief as a Surprise
- (July & August: Summer break – no meetings)
- September: Why am I so Tired?/Understanding Grief Triggers
- October: De-emphasizing
- November: Where you are on your Journey
- December: Gratitude