You can help us change the course of lung cancer research to discover better treatments and save lives.
A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation’s “Named Research Grant” enables a donor to fund part or all of a research fellowship in their name or in memory or honor of a loved one.
- For a minimum gift of $30,000 in one calendar year you can apply for a named research grant at A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation.
- With a lifetime giving level of $100,000, you can apply for a named grant at A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation.
Steps for setting up Named Research Grant
- Upon making your decision to donate at a level of $30,000 or more, please contact Nancy Torrison, executive director of A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation.
- Work with executive director to determine the type of gift you are interested in (research theme must be approved by the A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation Research Committee).
- Sign Memorandum of Understanding to establish a restricted fund designated for research in your/your loved one’s name.
- Upon making your gift, A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation creates Request for Proposal (RFP) and submits to researchers at U.S. research institutions across the country
- A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation Research Committee, along with their national expert panel, reviews grants and selects the awardee of the grant.
- A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation provides you with the name of the researcher and the selected project.
- Your named grant will be acknowledged and recognized in several ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Your name on the RFP that is launched nationally
- Special photo opportunity with you and your researcher
- Special recognition in local paper and A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation’s Newsletter (sent to 10,000 supporters)
- Special recognition on A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation website
- Inclusion in A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation social media announcements
- Video excerpt to be featured on A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation website to highlight why you chose to fund this project and what it means to you and your family on a personal basis