Providing topic driven meetings about subjects important to women who have lost their spouse to cancer.
The Women’s Group provides a safe place for widowed women who are looking for support, healing or a chance to talk with other women who have experienced the loss of a spouse to cancer. At each monthly meeting, a professional facilitator will discuss a relevant topic. Guest speakers will be used on occasion. Participants may choose to share or just listen in an environment of mutual respect and confidentiality.
Monthly meetings take place the second Thursday of each month from 7-8:30 p.m. at the ABOH office in Wayzata. There is no cost to attend.
Please RSVP for meetings by calling the ABOHLF office.
2017 Meeting Dates and Topics:
- January 12: Facing the new year – Click here to view the January flyer.
- February 9: Finding love and comfort in unexpected places – Click here to view the February flyer.
- March 9
- April 13
- May 11
- June 8
- July 13
- August 10
- September 14
- October 12
- November 9
- December 14
- February: Understanding and managing grief triggers – creating a plan for the emotional ambush
- March: Coping as a family – can the memory bring joy instead of tears?
- April: How to accept and ask for help (and from whom)
- May: Coping with and understanding regrets and guilt
- June: Managing loneliness – alone vs lonely
- September: Re-inventing yourself
- October: Strategies for coping with loneliness
- November: Low Dose CT scans-what are they?
- December: Coping during the holidays