Providing topic driven meetings about subjects important to women who have lost their significant other to cancer.
The Women’s Group provides a safe place for widowed women who are looking for support, healing or a chance to talk with other women who have experienced the loss of a spouse to cancer. Monthly meetings are professionally facilitated around a relevant topic. Participants may choose to share or just listen in an environment of mutual respect and confidentiality.
Professional facilitators: Beth Freund, Kelly Grosklags
Monthly meetings take place on the second Thursday of each month from 7-8:30 p.m., at the ABOH office in Wayzata. Please RSVP for location details.
2017 Meeting Dates and Topics:
- January 12: Facing the new year – Click here to view the January flyer.
- February 9: Finding love and comfort in unexpected places – Click here to view the February flyer.
- March 16: Death Changing the Family Structure – Click here to view the March flyer.
- April 13: The Role of Anger in the Grief Process – Click here to view the April flyer.
- May: No meeting
- June 8
- July 13
- August 10
- September 14
- October 12
- November 9
- December 14
- February: Understanding and managing grief triggers – creating a plan for the emotional ambush
- March: Coping as a family – can the memory bring joy instead of tears?
- April: How to accept and ask for help (and from whom)
- May: Coping with and understanding regrets and guilt
- June: Managing loneliness – alone vs lonely
- September: Re-inventing yourself
- October: Strategies for coping with loneliness
- November: Low Dose CT scans-what are they?
- December: Coping during the holidays