I want to start by humbly thanking all who have registered, donated or sponsored the August 14th ABOH Lung Run/Walk Twin Cities. With nearly 1000 registrants and ten days to go, we are well on our way to another successful and fun gathering in the name of improved lung cancer outcomes! As you know, our work depends on your generosity and support. You are the real heroes. If you have questions or trouble registering, feel free to call us at 952-807-3419. More about the event here.
Are you in need of some inspiration today?
I am proud to announce the formation of the first ABOH Young Leaders Board (YLB), which will be led this first year by YLB Board Chair, Mitch Brown. Mitch lost his father (who had no risk factors) to lung cancer last year. The YLB represents the start of a movement at ABOH to actively include and involve young adults in our work. While the YLB will be a board of just 10-12 people, our hope is that their work in lung cancer will create a space for hundreds, if not thousands, of young people to change the trajectory of lung cancer. We seek young adults who want to attend future events, work on future projects and/or fill the last few board seats. These young adults are people who wish to:
• Correct the myths around lung cancer through awareness events and social media;
• Get involved with the work and legislation that will result in more Americans screened for more early stage diagnoses;
• Gather and support those who grieve because of lung cancer, especially young adults;
• Help ABOH reach its fundraising goals in support of the research that leads to new life-saving therapies; and
• Have fun and meet other cool people who are willing to step up to create change.
The first gathering of this growing group of young adults is in the YLB tent at the ABOH Lung Run/Walk Twin Cities – make sure and stop by, especially if you fall in their target age range of 18 to 30!
Drop us an email if you’d like to learn more about the YLB.
With you in the battle to end lung cancer mortalities!