Given the size of this event and the rapidly changing COVID-19 recommendations, as well as our commitment to the safety of our supporters and survivors, this year’s event is going virtual!
Please note: Our supporters have come through once again in support of the ABOH Lung Run/Walk Twin Cities! Due to Covid-19, we are sorry to announce that we have our first t-shirt shortage in 14 years. Please note that we are sold out of t-shirts. Participants can still register and donate but will be unable to receive a t-shirt. The registration price has been lowered to reflect this change.
The VIRTUAL 14th Annual A Breath of Hope Lung Run/Walk Twin Cities, presented by Medtronic, will take place August 8-9, 2020. This year’s virtual event will be a little different, but the importance of this event and the program that goes along with it won’t. All registered participants will receive:
- A customized t-shirt with loved one’s names on the back*
- An opportunity to submit your time through our virtual timing company and receive a participation certificate
- The opportunity to attend both a live and recorded program
- A chance to compete for prizes
- All fundraisers that raise more than $250 will receive a shout-out from one of the following local celebs:
Thank you for being a part of our community and joining this event to help us fight lung cancer.
Each registered participant will receive a link to view our recorded program the weekend of August 8th and will also be invited to a live program. The recorded portion of the program will feature emcee Tom Hauser of KSTP-TV, patient testimonies and our annual oncology update by Ramaswamy Govindan, M.D.
On Saturday, August 8, a live program will also be available for all participants to come together VIRTUALLY – just as we would normally do at Lake Harriet. Tentative schedule below:
- 10:00 AM – ABOH Update: Nancy Torrison, A Breath of Hope Executive Director
- 10:05 AM – Physician Q&A: Coronavirus and Lung Cancer
- 10:20 AM – Fundraising Prizes Announced for top two teams and top five fundraising individuals: ABOH Staff
- 10:30 AM – Navigating Grief With Humor: Dr. Melissa Mork
- 11:15 AM – Reading of Names: Remembering those we’ve lost to lung cancer
*Deadline to have your loved one’s name included on the t-shirt is July 15, 2020 at noon CST. For late registrants, all those we remember and have lost will be included on the website. Email amy@ABreathofHope.org with questions.
Thank you to our generous 2020 sponsors!