November is National Lung Cancer Awareness Month and ABOH is nominating YOU to take a pie in the eye to raise awareness! Participate for your chance to win a gift card and eat some tasty pie!
How to Participate:
- Nominees videotape themselves taking a pie in the eye and share on social media or email us
- If nominees choose not to take a pie, they make a charitable donation to A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation (www.abreathofhope.org/donate or mail to PO Box 387, Wayzata, MN 55391)
- Videos must be less than 45 seconds (cell phone videos work great!)
- Participants nominate two other individuals in the video
- Participants start their video by saying, “I support A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation because…” Feel free to finish the sentence with a fact from below or use your own reason!
- Lung cancer claims more lives than breast, colon and prostate cancers combined
- Lung cancer remains one of the least funded cancers
- 1 in 14 people will be diagnosed with lung cancer, half are never or former smokers
- Nearly twice as many women die of lung cancer as breast cancer; lung screening would save lives
- I lost my ______________ to lung cancer and _______________
- Email us a picture of yourself with a pie in your eye
- Each week of November, the video with the most Facebook “likes” during that week will win a restaurant gift card!
Hang this flyer (click here) in your office, favorite store, gym or place of worship to help increase awareness!