Minnesota’s lung cancer event is back, and we can’t wait to see you!
Join us Saturday, August 14th at Minneapolis’ beautiful Lake Harriet Band Shell for the 15th annual A Breath of Hope Lung Run/Walk Twin Cities! You can expect our collectible t-shirts naming your loved ones, food trucks, live music from the Leon Laudenbach Band, a survivor bus ride for those who can’t walk or run the 5K, a research report that will excite you and most importantly, the Rose Raft of Remembrance ceremony, and time with our wonderful community of more than 2000 people that are committed to ending lung cancer mortalities.
New Module: Biomarker Testing and Targeted Therapy in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Discover the critical importance of comprehensive biomarker testing and targeted therapy for NSCLC in this new animated patient education module on YouAndLungCancer.com!
The new module provides answers to common questions to help you start important conversations with your doctor about your NSCLC diagnosis, treatment, and care.
Watch our new biomarker testing and targeted therapy animations here:
•Understanding Biomarker Testing in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
•Targeted Therapy in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
•Lung cancer resources, such as expert videos
We are committed to providing lung cancer patients, family members, and caregivers with free educational materials and resources. Explore and download free educational infographics here: Download Now.
5 Easy Ways to Support the Fight
With your help, we have already made an impact this year. The generous gifts of our supporters in the first half of 2021 have advanced our mission after a most difficult year. Thank you for believing in our work. We invite you to support the fight this summer. Here are five easy (and much appreciated) ways you can support our summer fundraising effort. All gifts, no matter the size, count and make a difference!
1. Donate online – or, find your checkbook and send a donation to ABOH, P.O. Box 387, Wayzata, MN 55391.
2. Become a Sustaining Friend and offer a steady giving presence in support of programs for survivors and caregivers. From rides to treatment, to companionship, to support groups, this group of donors keeps our support services up and running for those living with lung cancer. Starting at $10.00/month, every sustaining gift matters!
3. Create or support a team at the Lung Run/Walk on August 14 at the Lake Harriet Bandshell.
4. Select A Breath of Hope when you shop at smile.amazon.com – Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
5. Have some fun and create a Facebook Fundraiser to support the cause.
GOLF CLASSIC NEWS!
We sincerely thank the following sponsors that made the 9th Annual Golf Classic a great success!
Mary & William Zimmer Foundation
Michelle & Bruce Kato – J.K. Medical Consulting Services
The Lockman Family Foundation
M Carlson Painting
Anne & Mark Bacigalupo
The Haagenson Team – RE/MAX Results
Ideal Credit Union
The Kinney Family Foundation
Steve & Kelly Link
Parr McKnight Wealth Management
Al & Ellen Van Ravenswaay
Mark Bacigalupo – UBS
Nancy & Jerry Torrison
Jim Eichten – MMKR Certified Public Accountants
Harvey Weiss – United Financial Freedom
And . . . we extend a special thank you to Marketing Incentive Resources and all of the Rest & Relaxation silent auction donors for supporting the event and making it fun for all who participated!