Lung Cancer Support Groups in Minnesota
Education and Support for Grieving Families & Friends:
As you and your loved ones find your way through grief following a significant loss to lung cancer, we invite you to join others who share your experience and the many challenges of mourning. The ABOH Education and Support Meetings for Grieving Families and Friends provide information and discussion on topics that are useful to those in mourning. The meetings provide an opportunity for adult children, spouses, friends, and extended family to learn new tools for coping, and through the small groups, a chance to share as they feel comfortable with others on a similar journey.
People working through the loss of a loved one to lung cancer are invited to attend meetings free of charge on the first Thursday of each month from 7 – 8:30 p.m. Each meeting includes a presentation on a topic important to those experiencing grief. Adult children, spouses, friends, and extended family members are invited to attend. Meetings are hosted through Zoom and can be accessed by phone or computer.
- December 2, 2021: Strategies that Helped Bring Peace to Grieving Caregivers and Family; Panel to exchange experiences and ideas; Shaunequa James, BSW, MSW, LGSW, Program Director, Gilda’s Club Twin Cities
Education and Support for Survivors & Caregivers:
As you and your loved ones find your way through the lung cancer journey, the ABOH survivor and caregiver group is an excellent resource, not only for the information provided, but also for the camaraderie of spirit. Survivors who are no longer in treatment are welcome as well.
People living with lung cancer and their primary caregivers are invited to attend meetings free of charge on the
third Monday of each month from 7 – 8:30 p.m. *Meetings are moving to TUESDAYS beginning in January 2022. Meetings are hosted through Zoom and can be accessed by phone or computer. Each meeting begins with a presentation on a topic important to survivors, then moves to chat rooms separated into groups for women, men, and caregivers.
- December 13, 2021: Living Well with Cancer, for the Whole Family; Ted Bowman, Change & Transition Educator, Author and Consultant
- Tuesday, January 18, 2022: Panel of Hope: Lung Cancer Survivors Share their Stories of Success and Hope; Moderated by Teri Kast, CNS (retired)
- Tuesday, February 15, 2022: Getting the Most from Your Health Insurance Plan During the Cancer Journey; Erin Hartung, Senior Staff Attorney, ICARE Program Manager Cancer Legal Care
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022: Legal Headaches: Be Your Own Best Advocate; Julie Olmsted, Managing Director, Cancer Legal Care
Contact Jill with questions or to RSVP: or call/text her at 952-456-2845.