A Breath of Hope offers support groups in our Minnetonka office for survivors, as well as those who are grieving a loved one lost to lung cancer. Each group offers opportunities for learning, discussion and support and is led by professional, certified facilitators.
Changes to grief group programming in 2019:
Grief groups will meet every other even month on the first Tuesday from 6:30-8:30 in our offices. Each meeting will start with a one-hour large group session focused on a specific topic and led by a professional on that topic. The large group session will be followed by one-hour small group sessions for discussion about the topic and a chance for men, women, and adult children to talk about their own journeys and challenges. The small groups offer a more intimate place for personal discussions among those grieving for a loved one.
2019 Meeting Dates: Presenters TBD. RSVP preferred at email@example.com or 952-405-9201.
- February 5: Learning from loss; Developing resilience, Ted Bowman
- April 2: Practicing gratitude; Finding comfort through good memories, Jill Stephens, LP
- June 4: Creating rituals to cope with grief, Ali DeCamillis, MS, ATR, LPCC will utilize art therapy for a hands on presentation
- August 6: Managing grief triggers through self-care, Nina Roberts Salverson DM, MA
- October 1: Coping with grief triggers during special occasions & holidays
- December 3: Developing your support network; Coping with others’ emotions, Amy Gimbel, PsyD, LP, Mental Health Systems
Women’s Survivor Group: For women who have been diagnosed with lung cancer to meet with others who understand their journey and challenges.
2019 Meeting Dates:
- January 21
- February 18
- March 18
- April 15
- May 20
- June 17
- July 15
- August 19
- September 16
- October 21
- November 18
- December 16
Hospital Support Groups: A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation supports local lung cancer groups in the Twin Cities.