2021 A Breath of Hope Research Award – The Peg-Fisher Jullie Fight for Life Award – $150,000
- Submission of an online letter of intent (LOI) will be the first step for investigators seeking a grant from the Foundation. The LOI form will be available from September 1 through October 15, 2020. The deadline for LOI submission was 11:59 pm, October 15, 2020. This process is now closed – please check back in 2021.
- Upon review of submitted LOI’s, A Breath of Hope will invite up to 15 finalists to submit a full application using our online forms.
2021 RFP/Award Timeline:
• Sept. 1, 2020: Announcement – Request for a letter of inquiry (LOI)
• Oct. 15, 2020: Deadline for LOI submission – online forms reviewed by local ABOH research committee
• Oct. 30, 2020: Up to 15 investigators invited to submit a full proposal
• Dec. 15, 2020: Deadline for full proposal submission
• Dec. 15, 2020 – Jan. 15, 2021: National Scientific Advisory Committee scores 15 proposals;
• Jan. 15-25, 2021: ABOH Research Committee conducts a phone interview with finalists (and their mentor if applicable)
• Jan. 25, 2021: Winner notified
• Feb. 1, 2021: Winner announced; grant contract sent to the institution; first payment of $37,500 to the institution (timing of first payment dependent on institution signing/returning ABOH grant contract)
2020 A Breath of Hope Katherine Bensen Hope Award – $150,000 – is now closed. Award recipient: Esra Akbay
- A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation’s $150,000 Katherine Bensen Hope Award Research Fellowship – View RFP
- The 2020 request for proposals is now closed. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
2021 Research Award Timeline:
|Peg Fisher-Jullie Fight For Life Award Critical Dates||Action|
|September 1, 2020||Announcement of request for letters of intent. Funded projects will focus on reducing the lung cancer mortality rate through improved early detection methods or late-stage treatments.|
|October 15, 2020||Deadline for submission of eligibility questionnaire and letter of intent.|
|October 30, 2020||Selected researchers will be invited to submit a full application.|
|December 15, 2020||Deadline for submission of full application.|
|January 15 – 25, 2021||National Scientific Advisory Council Peer Review and Scoring followed by review conducted by the A Breath of Hope Research Committee.|
|February 1, 2021||Public announcement of award recipients.|
|March 2021||First installment issued to institution.|
|August 15, 2021||First research progress report due.|
|September 2021||Second installment issued to institution.|
|February 15, 2022||Second research progress report due.|
|March 2022||Third installment issued to institution.|
|August 15, 2022||Third research progress report due.|
|September 2022||Fourth installment issued to institution.|
|March 2023||Final research progress report and impact summary due.|
Questions about this timeline? Contact us.