Below are the winners of $150,000 A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation research fellowships and awards!
- 2021 winner of the Peg Fisher-Jullie Fight for Life Research Award: Dr. Kipp Weiskopf from the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- 2020 Research Fellowship and winner of the Katherine Bensen Hope Award: Dr. Esra Akbay of The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- 2018 Research Fellowship: Dr. Stefani Spranger of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2017 Research Fellows and winners of the Tona Vives Research Award: Drs. Laura Stabile, PhD and Timothy Burns, MD, PhD of the University of Pittsburgh
- 2016 Research Fellowship and winner of the Larry Benjamin Early Detection Award: Dr. Jun-Chieh (James) Tsay of NYU
- 2014 Research Fellow: Dr. Rama Kamesh Bikkavilli of the UIC Chicago
- 2014 Research Fellow: Dr. Manish Patel of the University of MN