A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization. All donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
We are fully committed to awareness programming and events, support for lung cancer patients and their families, and research support. We welcome collaborations with individuals, businesses and other non-profit organizations who share our mission goal to improve the lung cancer survival rate.
Why I Donate
Other Ways to Donate
Named Research Grant – A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation’s “Named Research Grants” enable donors to fund part or all of a Research Fellowship in their name or in memory or honor of a loved one.
Donate securities – For more information, please email email@example.com.
IRA Charitable Rollover – see below
- If you are at age 70½ or older and are the owner of a Traditional IRA (or inherited Traditional IRA), and do not need all or part of your required minimum distribution, you can make tax-free IRA contributions directly to qualified public charities, such as A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation.
- Each age-eligible IRA owner can transfer up to $100,000 tax-free per tax year.
- Your IRA gift must be complete on or before December 31 of the calendar year in which you choose to utilize the IRA Charitable Rollover gift vehicle for tax purposes. Generally, if sent by US mail, the postmark determines the date of a charitable gift.
- The check must be made payable directly to A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation.
- You can only make outright gifts. The IRA Charitable Rollover cannot be used to fund life income gifts (such as charitable gift annuities or charitable reminder trusts).
Advantages of an IRA Rollover
- You can count your gift towards your annual required minimum distribution.
- Your distribution is not recognized as income on your federal income tax return, and therefore not eligible for a federal income tax charitable deduction.
- Under current federal tax laws, keeping your IRA distribution out of your adjusted gross income may save you taxes.
- The transfer process is quick and requires minimal paperwork. Your investment company can provide you with a form that is used to transfer the IRA funds directly to A Breath of Hope.
Tangible Gifts – Donate to the Bags, Bling and Beauty Silent Auction (Women’s Wellness Tea) or the Rest & Relaxation Silent Auction (A Breath of Hope Golf Classic). Our past silent auctions have featured items such as: Sports tickets, restaurant gift cards, hot air balloon rides, jewelry, hand-crafted gifts, tools, hotel stays/weekend getaways and private fishing excursions.
AmazonSmile – Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find exactly the same shopping experience, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate to the organization you support.
Giving Assistant – Giving Assistant‘s mission is to transform the everyday shopping of millions of people into charitable actions that support nonprofits. How it works: Create a free account, then simply shop your favorite store online and earn cashback to designate to the nonprofit of your choice. Earn an average of 5.2% back on all purchases.
Services – Do you have a service to share with the A Breath of Hope Lung Foundation family? Maybe you work for, or own, a local restaurant or business? ABOHLF is always looking for creative ways to interact with the community.
Charities Review Council
- 2013 Note that 89 cents of each donor’s dollar goes straight to mission and programs!
- 2014 Note that 87 cents of each donor’s dollar goes straight to mission and programs!
- 2015 Note that 87 cents of each donor’s dollar goes straight to mission and programs!
- 2016 Note that 87 cents of each donor’s dollar goes straight to mission and programs!
990 Tax Forms
Thank you donors for your tremendous support!