Every time we support someone that is living with lung cancer, we have taken a step forward in the battle against this disease. A lung cancer diagnosis is frightening, regardless of the situation. Everyone can benefit from support and encouragement.
A Breath of Hope’s support programs offer patient education, support groups, companionship visits, and rides to medical appointments.
PATIENT EDUCATION – AVAILABLE NATIONWIDE
Studies show that well-informed patients are better equipped to participate in decisions about their care and have better health outcomes. To help patients educate themselves, A Breath of Hope provides tools and resources such as the Midwest Lung Cancer Summit (held each Fall in MN) and our online global learning resource – the Animated Patient’s Guide to Lung Cancer, available in English and Spanish.
- Animated Patient’s Guide to Lung Cancer in English
- Animated Patient’s Guide to Lung Cancer in Spanish
- Lung Cancer Patient Education
EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT GROUPS FOR SURVIVORS & CAREGIVERS – AVAILABLE NATIONWIDE
ABOH offers virtual support groups for lung cancer survivors and caregivers, as well as those who are grieving for a loved one lost to lung cancer. Each group offers opportunities for learning, discussion, and support and is led by professional facilitators.
COMPANIONSHIP – AVAILABLE NATIONWIDE
ABOH peer-to-peer HOPE companions have been through the cancer journey and simply want to help others. Their role is to listen and offer hope and companionship during the emotional roller coaster of a cancer diagnosis.
HOPE companions may provide support to patients and caregivers through texts, phone calls, coffee dates, and/or virtual or in-person meetings. Connecting with a HOPE companion can provide great support and relief for both patients/survivors and caregivers.
- To be matched with a HOPE companion, call 952-456-2845 or email HERE
- Fill out the waiver and participation agreement online HERE – must be completed prior to services
- Print waiver and participation agreement HERE
TRANSPORTATION – AVAILABLE IN THE TWIN CITIES, MN & LEE COUNTY, FL
ABOH volunteer drivers provide door-to-door transportation to and from lung cancer screenings, treatments, or medical appointments for lung cancer patients and their caregivers in our service areas.
- To receive a ride in MN, call 952-456-2845 or email HERE
- To receive a ride in the Lee County, FL area, call 239-986-2812 or email HERE
Patient support services are provided to patients and their families being treated through one of our healthcare partners:
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Mercy Hospital
- North Memorial Health Hospital
- Regions Hospital
- United Hospital
- Minneapolis VA Health Care
- Minnesota Oncology
- Fairview Health Services – Twin Cities
- Lee Health – Fort Myers campuses
We are always welcoming new healthcare partners! If you are interested in providing our services to your patients, contact our leadership in our home office: 952-405-9201.